Dr. Sheri Salartash is an expertly trained Cosmetic & General Dentist sharing a tremendous wealth of knowledge and experience within her practice. She is extremely passionate about her work’s results, as she knew by the age of 10 that dentistry is all she wanted to pursue in life. She is a Biologic dentist and focuses on Comprehensive Dentistry, Aesthetics and Functional –Physiologic-Neuromuscular Orthodontics with a whole- body mindset. The office is mercury-safe and trained in Biologic Dentistry and Airway/TMJ/Sleep Apnea Solutions.
Dr. Sheri has an abundance of experience at several cutting edge dental practices in Virginia, Washington D.C. and Iowa. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Virginia Commonwealth University and is honored to have been recognized as one of “America’s Top Dentists” by Consumers’ Research Council of America for the past 10 years. Dr. Sheri has also been nominated as one of the Top Dentists in Northern Virginia Living in 2018 and Washingtonian in 2019. She also is featured as an integrative dental expert on the TOP Doctors Interviews which are seen on CNN Headline News, Fox News, Oprah Winfrey Network, CNBC and other networks.
Dr. Sheri and her husband, George, have a baby girl named Lilly. They enjoy all sorts of outdoor activities and are currently trying to be better golfers… and have a long way to go!
ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Dr. Salartash is associated with a number of prestigious dental organizations, including:
- Fellow: Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Fellow: International Congress of Oral Implantologists ( FICOI)
- Fellow: American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics ( FAAIP)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists (IAMSD)
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- Holistic Dental Association (HDA)
- Upledger Institute International
- Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine (IABDM)
- National Headache Foundation
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACFP)
- International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics ( ICCMO)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Washington Ir Dental Society, (WIDS – Served as the President)
- American Academy of Facial Cosmetics (AAFC)
- Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry
Dr. Salartash seeks to help patients with not just dentistry, but healthy body lifestyles. She has background in ALF Orthodontics, Functional Orthopedic and Orthodontics Appliance Therapy, Dentomandibular Sensorimotor Dysfunction Therapy, Orofacial pain and TMJ therapy, Functional Cosmetics and Aesthetics, sleep apnea appliances and holistic dentistry that concentrates on whole body health. Her office provides comprehensive dental care such as Alternative orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry, soft tissue laser procedures, Gum recession treatment, implants, whitening and of course preventative care. She offers treatment for children as young as newborn that are tongue tied who may be experiencing problems feeding. Dr. Sheri notes that screenings for traditional and physiological orthodontics should start early, since between the ages of 2-6 years is a critical time for development. This time can have a huge effect on jaw development, alignment and airway management. For orthodontics, Dr. Sheri notes that the best results happen before the age of 12. Dr. Sheri believes strongly in patient education and insists her staff and patients work as a team to create a treatment plan. She is also heavily involved in DNA Vivos appliances that are epigenetic orthopedics with puemopedic effects, they can cure sleep apnea. ALF or Alternative Lightwire Functional: helping with cranial and facial asymmetry, Anterior Facial Growth Guided Orthopedic Appliances: helping with proper mid-facial growth and airway development; Pinhole Surgery: minimally invasive gum lift; Mercury safe: Biocompatible Dentistry following IOAMT protocol.