TOOTH COLORED BIO COMPATIBLE FILLINGS
With the advent of the newest technologies in dental science, today’s state-of-the-art restorative materials include ceramic and the latest composite materials.
These materials are not only strong and durable, but restore the look of natural teeth and are very aesthetically pleasing.
COSMETIC VENEERS AND CROWNS
Gaps, chips, stains, or misshapen teeth can now be treated with wonderful results and very conservatively using porcelain veneers. Veneers are natural in appearance, and are a perfect alternative for patients wanting to make minor adjustments to the look and feel of their smile.
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells made from tooth-colored materials (such as porcelain) designed to cover the front side of your teeth. For dental veeners in Del Ray, Alexandria consult with Dr. Sheri (Shahrzad) Salartash.
The terms dental crowns and caps are synonymous. Crowns are typically used to restore a tooth’s function and appearance following a restorative procedure such as a root canal.
When decay in a tooth has become so advanced that large portions of the tooth must be removed, crowns are often used to restore the tooth. Crowns are also used to attach bridges, cover implants, or to prevent a cracked tooth from becoming worse.
Crowns also serve an aesthetic use, and are applied when a discolored or stained tooth needs to be restored to its natural appearance. Crowns are fabricated in a laboratory and are made either of porcelain baked onto a metal substrate, all-porcelain, or many of the new ceramic materials that have been developed.
Our office offers all areas of Cosmetic Dentistry to provide you will a complete smile makeover.
FULL MOUTH RECONSTRUCTION
For those who suffer from extensive oral complaints, full mouth reconstruction can be an excellent option for restoring oral health and appearance.
A neuromuscular full mouth reconstruction is when a series of restorative and neuromuscular dentistry procedures are performed to offer a patient with a fully functioning, exquisite and natural-looking smile.
Generally, a full mouth reconstruction is performed on people experiencing worn and damaged teeth, decayed, or missing, and/or misaligned teeth.
What Procedures May be Involved with Full-Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction is not a one-appointment situation. You have to make sure all aspects of the dental pie have been addressed before you can begin.
Are Your Gums Healthy? Is Your Bite Good?
The entire process may take several office visits to complete, depending on your situation. Full mouth reconstruction can include any combination of the following procedures before we start:
- Restorative dental treatments – Dental crowns, bridges, fillings, inlays and onlays
- Implant dentistry – Implants to replace missing teeth, and to provide anchor points for appliances such as bridges
- Cosmetic dentistry – Porcelain veneers, bonding, teeth whitening, gum re-contouring
- Neuromuscular dentistry – Correction of TMJ related problems and realignment of the bite
- Bruxism treatment – Measures to end bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Orthodontics – Traditional braces, Invisalign, spacers, expanders, and retainers, all with the intent of moving the teeth into the proper locations
- Oral surgery – dental implants and extractions
- Endodontic treatment – Root canals
- Periodontal treatments – Gum scaling, root planning, and periodontal surgery to address gum disease, soft and hard tissue grafting
Who Is a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction is a treatment reserved for those whose entire mouth has been compromised by one or more of the following conditions:
- Missing Teeth
- Cracked Teeth
- Dental erosion
- Significant dental infection
- Worn or defective dental work
You may also be a candidate for a full mouth reconstruction if you suffer from several of the following indicators:
- Chronic headaches or migraines
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- Pain on the face, neck, shoulder, or back regions
- Sore jaw joints
- Choked ears
- Restricted jaw movement
A Personalized Treatment Plan
Before we create a plan, we need to understand your oral and overall health.
From there, we look at your cosmetic goals, budget and the time frame in which we can complete the work.
- In the case of decay, we remove the damage and fill the hole with a composite that is mercury and metal free. This composite is tooth-colored to be more aesthetically pleasing.
- Root Canal. In an effort to save teeth that are significantly infected, a root canal or other procedure can be done to save the tooth, and in some cases, the root.
- For those with cracks, chips, cavities, or root canals—a crown is used to cover and protect the tooth. Crowns allow you to keep your tooth. For some, a partial crown can be used, also known as inlays or onlays.
- These structures replace missing teeth in a row. For a bridge to be possible, these missing teeth must have a healthy tooth and gums on either side of them. A crown is placed on the adjacent health tooth on each side of the gap with the replacement teeth in between them.
- Implants. A surgical procedure places a synthetic root directly into the jaw bone. Once the root has fused to the jaw bone, a crown can be placed. Implants are permanent and protect your jaw bone from deteriorating due to tooth infections. Dentures can also be attached to implant posts in cases where all teeth need to be removed.
The appropriate procedure will be discussed with you based on your situation and needs.
Our practice is committed to treating the whole patient with a holistic approach. When you’re considering full mouth reconstruction, you need to be aware of all possible techniques, and your unique situation needs to be taken into account.
Dr. Sheri and her staff are prepared to provide you with guidance throughout the entire process. To learn more about this and other procedures, contact Dental Excellence Integrative Center at (703) 745-5496 or click here.
SNAP ON SMILE
At DENTAL EXCELLENCE of Alexandria we offer an affordable, non-invasive, and completely reversible, cosmetic, removable arch that can easily and painlessly give you a beautiful smile.
NO shot. NO drilling. 2 visits.
WHAT IS SNAP-ON SMILE?
Snap-On Smile is a patented, easy and painless way to obtain a beautiful smile. It was invented by a dentist who realized that not everyone can afford thousands of dollars to get a Hollywood smile make-over.
After years of extensive research and development, your dentist can now provide you with a Snap-On Smile that is thin and strong with the look of natural teeth. You can eat and drink with your Snap-On Smile. It’s easy to care for and can be a temporary or permanent cosmetic solution. It’s available for upper and lower teeth.
Snap-On Smile’s unique, proprietary formula of hi-tech dental resin make it very thin yet extremely strong. It fits right over your own teeth to give you a beautiful, natural looking smile—even if you have stains, chips, gaps or missing teeth.
And for many people, Snap-On Smile can be life changing. It gives back the confidence to smile. Thousands of people worldwide have already experienced the unique benefits of Snap-On Smile.
SNAP-ON SMILE IS FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYONE!
Snap-On Smile is an affordable and life-changing solution for people of all ages. Getting a Snap-On Smile simply requires two, short, painless visits with no drilling, no shots and no change in tooth structure.
IT IS AN EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR:
- Gaps, crooked, stained or missing teeth
- Those who are not candidates for bridges or implants
- Anyone who would like a Hollywood smile without the expense and discomfort of complex and invasive dental procedures
- Anyone who has an old-fashioned removable partial denture and wants a beautiful, more comfortable alternative
IT’S EASY, IT’S PAINLESS AND YOU CAN START TODAY
- You pick the style and shade of your new smile
- Your dentist takes an impression of your teeth
- You come back in about three weeks for a final fitting and you wear your Snap-On Smile home
- Increase vertical dimension, implant temporary, hide stains/chips/diastemas
- Does not cover the pallet- can eat/drink with it in
- Does not contact soft tissue
- Can include pontics and distal extensions
- No adhesives, cement, or brackets
- As thin as .5mm, heat & stain resistant, finished margins
- Available in any shade
- Digital design and multi-axis milling machines means thinner/more esthetic appliances
- Covered occlusion for single-arch cases means stronger/more durable appliance (only adds .5mm)
- Now available for over-bite/cross-bite, limited retention, and edentulous spans of 22-40mm
POPULAR APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Increasing vertical- we can vary the thickness on the occlusal surface
- Implant temporization- can be fabricated prior to extraction and seated immediately after extraction- doesn’t impinge on healing site
- Affordable removable cosmetic appliance for patients who can’t afford porcelain- Hide stains/chips/diastemas
As the most requested dental veneer system in the world, Lumineers® by Cerinate can quickly and comfortably transform an imperfect smile into one that dazzles. Ultra-thin porcelain facings that are placed over your existing teeth, Lumineers are a painless, permanent cosmetic solution for stained, chipped, discolored or misaligned teeth.
Replicating the natural translucency of dental enamel to create a natural and beautiful looking smile, Lumineers offer the outstanding advantage of being thinner than traditional veneers. This means that the removal of sensitive tooth structure to achieve a perfect fit, or any injections to numb the area, are typically not required. Since little to no tooth preparation is necessary, there is also no need to wear temporary veneers until your permanent Lumineers are placed. In just a couple of comfortable and stress-free visits you can attain the beautiful smile that you’ve always wanted.
Looking natural and feeling comfortable from the moment they are permanently bonded to your teeth, the extraordinary durability of Lumineers allows them to resist wear and remain resilient for many years to come.